Finishing a series like this is like eating a really delicious meal. You can’t tell if you want to go back for seconds because you’re still hungry, or just because you enjoyed the flavor so much.While zombies, psychics, and love, characterize these three series, my favorite Stiefvater book is The Scorpio Races. When I reached the last word on the last page, I immediately had to know when the sequel was going to be released. Aaaahhhahhahahahahaaaa! Maggie's website said the story was complete and wouldn't have a sequel. Yes, it was complete and wonderful and completely lovely, but I had to have more. Stiefvater's description of the Celtic water horses that come from the sea, the eich uisce, made these animals move from fantasy to reality. This book was the delicious meal and I want her to want seconds. Please, Maggie Stiefvater! Write a sequel to The Scorpio Races!
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Author Maggie Stiefvater speaks on The Raven Cycle
I first met (not in person - as a reader, duh!) when I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth. That might have been my first zombie book. I was not aware of zombie culture in YA, so I was just oblivious to whatever it was that was causing those people to turn into hungry killers. Since there was a nunnery and religious control at the beginning of the novel, I was a little bit confused. Did the characters think that God had brought this as a punishment? Well, at some point, I realized that an unknown cause created the zombies. Hooked! I had to read the sequels and then some of her other books. "The Shiver Trilogy" presents a whole new take on werewolves. If you were fascinated with the transformation of humans into werewolves in old black and white movies, or any movie or book with a werewolf in it (Harry Potter), you will love the werewolves living in the woods near a small American town. The Raven Boys, another Stiefvater book exploring life and death and teens, is the first of "The Raven Cycle." Upon completion of the series, she says
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment